Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween Decorations

I love Halloween!  
My kids get so EXCITED & their excitement is contagious!

 I've had this idea for a few years to make covered backs for the shelves in my family room.  
I wanted them to be interchangeable for the different holidays.  
I finally made them this year!  
It all started last weekend when we were at Target & my husband found an outdoor fireplace on clearance for $17 bucks! 
Isn't it cute? 
 It roasts marshmallows perfectly too & The cardboard box came in handy for my shelf idea!
I measured the backs of the shelves, cut my cardboard pieces & wrapped them in black & white polk-a-dot wrapping paper.

These are my shelves before...
Here they are with the decorative backing...
AND
 Here they are all decorated for HALLOWEEN...
 
I love how they turned out!

 My kids thought it was "spook"-tacular! 
 Now I just need to add some candy to my "mummy" dish!

Our family room is officially ready...
We got the witch flying over the moon a few years ago at an after Halloween clearance sale.  
Then I made some paper bats to hang up around her.  It's one of my favorite decorations!

 I always add a fall wreath to the fireplace.
 Then I replace my candles with pumpkins.
 We found our haunted house last year at T.J. Maxx & I've had the cat for years.

I always know we've gone a little crazy when my sister walked in & said, 

No comments:

Post a Comment