Saturday, May 11, 2013

How To Remove Spray Paint From A Vinyl Fence



Unfortunately, a few weekends ago our white vinyl fence fell victim to GRAFFITI!

When we noticed the next day it gave me a stomach ache...
Who could do such a horrible thing?
We still don't know who was responsible, but the news reported over a hundred cars were tagged that weekend in a neighborhood close to ours.   The police officer said they were building a case & took down our information.  
Who knows if they'll ever figure out who it was, but it is saddening when your property gets ruined.
I really didn't think it would come off of our fence, but I did find a miracle product!

I purchased it at Walmart, but I'm sure you can find it at most home improvement stores too.

I took the Goof Off Graffiti Remover, a bucket with warm soapy water, two scrub brushes & a pair of  plastic gloves. 
 I used one brush to scrub & the other one for rinsing (our hose wasn't hooked up yet).
I just followed the instructions on the back of the can.
   It said to spray it onto the scrub brush & wipe the fence.  That didn't take it off for me, so I sprayed it right onto the fence & then scrubbed & rinsed.

 I can think of plenty of other ways I could of spent my time, but at least it did come off!
I had to scrub off at least 12 panels & It took over 2 hours!  My arms were tired by the end, but it felt like a miracle when it actually came off!
Now we are off do spend our third weekend in a row trying to dig a hole for a trampoline...
The projects never end! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment