Monday, July 21, 2014

Kitchen Remodel {REVEAL}

I'm sure by now you are tired of reading about our kitchen remodel...I know I am!
It only took about 7 months to finish, but we are finally DONE!
Back in November, our neighbor who does kitchens helped us order cabinets from Ikea and he was going to put them together for us.
Then my husband decided to get a bid to see how much it would cost to extend our wall out six feet.  This is when the project got a whole lot bigger, longer and more expensive!
Here is what we started with....
BEFORE
AFTER
 BEFORE

AFTER

This was the plan...

DURING...
My husband tore out the decorative drop down ceiling.
 I wish we had done that years ago, it really opened up the space.
Then we started with the total tear out of our old kitchen.
They started the extension of our kitchen/Dining room six feet...
We lived with plastic walls for a few weeks...
 It was so shocking how much the the six foot addition opened up the whole kitchen...
 We put the kids to work adding to our existing wood floors...
 We lived in chaos for MONTHS, but it was worth it in the end.
I still can't believe this is even the same house!
Here is another BEFORE...
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
 You can read more about our fireplace makeover HERE.
It was also quite an amazing transformation!
Our contractor Jesse completed the addition, the woodwork on our fireplace, windows, baseboards,  pillars and ceiling.
I don't think you can ever go wrong adding woodwork!  
It totally changes the whole look and feel of a room.

Here are some of my favorite parts of the kitchen:

The ceiling...
We did a planked ceiling with beams.  
It added so much character and made the whole room feel bigger. 
 It did add to the cost, but I'm so glad we did it!

The Island...
It turned out huge!
This side is totally functioning and even has a garbage can drawer...
This was another great decision!
Jeff, our cabinet guy, made our corbels and oven hood and they turned out AMAZING!!!
I can't believe how much character they add...
I had add to add one more picture...
I was shocked at how gorgeous the hood turned out!
It's even more beautiful in person...
I love the shelf and corbels!  
The corbels on the bottom match the corbels on the island.

The farmhouse sink...
It's a single bowl and I love how much room there is!

All of our cabinets and hardware are from Ikea.  
They are the Adel cabinets in white.
Our cabinet guy added the crown molding to the top, which made them look more custom.
I love the cabinets and drawers! 
They are easy to wipe clean & the cupboards and drawers are all soft close, which is surprisingly nice!
We also ordered our countertops from Ikea.
 They are quartz and the color was nougat.
In this post I shared where I had purchased my faucet and pendant lights.  This post has a link to where my stools were purchased.
I love that with the added space, our table isn't right up by the window anymore.
It was also a fun area to decorate...
This is where I added a pop of color to our all white kitchen!

 Sorry this was such a LONG post, but this was a LONG project!
In the end, it was worth the time and stress.
 I am thrilled with how it turned out!
It's always nice when you go through a remodel and it turns out better than you imagined.
 Here is one more before & after because I LOVE a good before and after!

Just let him know that you found his info here!
Here are links to see how our kitchen looks for the different holidays:

I'm sharing with these blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment