Saturday, April 21, 2012

Outdoor Lighting

Last Summer, we wanted to add some extra outdoor lighting to our deck.  
We didn't have a lot of money to spend & found an inexpensive & easy way to do it.  
I love the look of the post lights that are attached right onto a deck, so we tried to create this look on a very small budget.

We actually just bought a box of Outdoor Solar LED Walk Path Lights like this from Home Depot.
The box cost us about $20.00 for six.

We just didn't attach the posts that go into the ground.  Then my husband just took a drill & regular wood screws & drilled the base of the lights right into the deck.  Then we placed the decorative tops back on.
These are solar lights so no electrical work had to be done!

Here is how it looks at night...
It adds a nice extra "glow" when I look out my back window!
 I really love how they turned out!
So we tried our best to pick some that matched the light fixture attached to our house.
It's an easy way to add some extra light for those summer nights!
Now I can't wait to get out all of my deck furniture & flower pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment