Monday, April 22, 2013

AVOID Hauser Group/Hausernet Mail Decoy Program - if you're looking for consistent pay, look elsewhere!

UPDATE: February 26, 2014 - They have been paying somewhat monthly, but still owe me backpay from July 2011 to December 2012. But I have gotten paid for January 2013 to July 2013. So at least I've gotten something, but who knows if I'll ever see the backpay? There is one person on their Yahoo Group who claims to have received all of their backpay, but they seem to be the only one. Everyone else is still waiting.

UPDATE: May 15, 2013 - I did receive a payment from them on May 9th for January 2013 entries, but I still wouldn't recommend signing up to Hausernet because they still owe me a lot of backpay and are still slow to pay.

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm not going to bother linking to them because I don't think anyone should join this company if they ever expect to be paid, but here's the information about them in case you want to copy and paste to your browser:

hausernet[dot]com/opportunities[dot]html

Just replace [dot] with .

I've been a decoy with Hausernet for over 11 years now. At first, it took a while to receive my first payment because I didn't meet their minimum requirements because I wasn't getting enough volume.

From 2002 to 2009, I was getting paid on time. Then from 2010 onwards, they started getting behind a bit on payments, and they would make promises, but would only end up paying to people who complained about not getting paid.

Fast forward to today. The last payment I ever received from them was a check for entries I made in June 2010 to June 2011 - this payment was received on January 2012. This is the longest I have ever gone without them sending any form of payment whatsoever (before, the longest I went without a payment was almost a year, but now this is longer by a few months). And now they're almost two whole years behind on payments, which I still doubt I'll be seeing for a long time.

Back in December 2012, Dave asked me for my PayPal address, which I quickly sent because I thought it meant that I would get a payment soon, but it's now April and I still haven't seen one PayPal payment since they switched to PayPal.

I emailed the person in charge of payments and she told me I would be paid that week. This was back in March and I never received anything. She was replaced by someone else who handles payments now, so I emailed him today and we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, just a warning to others who may be thinking about a mail decoy agent with Hausernet. If you're looking for a little bit of extra cash working from home, move on, because this isn't it. They don't pay on time, if at all. So you would only be wasting your time. All you'll get from this company are broken promises. They have completely lost my trust - I never believe a word that anyone from this company says anymore because it's just going to be another broken promise. I'll only believe what I see, and from my experience in the past couple of years, unfortunately, I haven't seen anything. Thanks for nothing, Hauser.

To be fair, they have paid some people via PayPal, but it's seemingly random as far as who gets paid. I have no clue why some people get PayPal payments and why others don't. But if you're looking for some consistent extra cash, this is far from it.

To any companies who are using Hausernet's delivery tracking services, I would also reconsider and maybe go with someone else who offers delivery tracking. You may be getting the service that you're offered, but Hauser isn't paying all of their contractors for the work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment