Friday, May 20, 2016

"Dreamy" Living Rooms...

This is the time of year for spring cleaning, but it's also a time when a lot of people begin remodeling projects.  
We recently finished remodeling our
kitchen and family room.
It seems that once you start remodeling one room, it kind of keeps spreading throughout the house!
Our newly remodeled space felt so bright and fresh that we decided to continue the paint and trim work into our living room.
You can see more HERE.
Living rooms are often a popular room to remodel because it is usually the first room people walk into when they enter your home.  
When I start a remodeling project, I always begin by searching for my "inspiration".
I usually head to Pinterest and I recently came across the home design website Laurel & Wolf.

Laurel & Wolf is born from the idea that great design transforms the way individuals work, live, and love. Their online interior design service connects anyone looking to design their space with a marketplace of professional interior designers, and after four easy steps, clients receive a personalized, beautiful design package. You can learn more about the process here:  www.laurelandwolf.com/how-it-works .

Also, make sure you check out Laurel & Wolf's
 Instagram and Pinterest accounts to get more ideas!

Here are a few elements my "Dream" living room would incorporate...
1- I think choosing the right paint color is one of the easiest ways to make a huge impact on a room.
I love a room that feels light and bright!

2- Choosing furniture to fit your needs and style is also important.
I love furniture that is classic and comfy.

3- My dream space would include some tufted furniture, just like the picture below.
This room is beautiful and the couch and bench are just my style!
Phillips Creek Ranch | Shaddock Homes
source

4- I would also incorporate a few accent chairs to my room.
It's a great way to add additional seating and a good place to sit and read a book.

source

5- My "dream" space would also have woodwork.  
It could include beams, a planked ceiling, a shiplapped accent wall or chunky wood trim.  
It adds such character to a home!
source

6- I would add built-ins to my dream living room.  
It looks great and adds storage.  

The most important part of my dream space is to have an area that is used often and shared with the people I love!

What elements would your "dream" living room include?

Sharing with these blogs:
The Girl Creative
I Heart Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment