Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Paper Garland: How To

I have been wanting to make a paper garland for a long time.  When I pulled out my Valentine's Decor, I decided to try & make one for my mantel.  You can see it HERE.  I like how it turned out,  so I decided to make a Happy Birthday banner that we can put up for birthday parties.

I picked out some scrapbook paper I liked & some ribbon to coordinate.
Then I made a template for the shape of the banner...
Real fancy...huh?  It worked though!

Then I traced the template & cut out the paper.

Then I hot glued my ribbon onto the templates to create my banner.

Then I traced out my letters to spell "Happy Birthday".  
I actually got my letter templates from the dollar store....
They are the perfect size & included the whole alphabet & some numbers.
Then I just glued them on to the banner & I was done!
I'm really happy with how it turned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment