Wednesday, January 11, 2012

House Tour: Kids' Bathroom

I started my blog by showing you changes we've made to our house over the years.
So far,  I've done posts on the changes to the:
 Exterior...HERE.
Our Entry Way....HERE.
My Daughter's Room....HERE.
The Baby Nursery....HERE.
My Boys' Room...HERE.

Today, I'm going to show you the changes we've made to the kids' bathroom.
This was the bathroom before:
It had hand painted black flowers & swirls...
It was a bit overwhelming when you walked in & of course the cabinets were a light oak color.

Since we have boys & girls that share the bathroom, we needed a more neutral theme.
So we started by painting it a light blue color.
 We chose the paint that already had primer in it & it covered the black flowers really well.
Surprisingly, it only took 2 coats. 

 Then we lightly sanded the cabinets,
Painted them white, wiped on a few coats of  Poly and added new hardware.
I love the cabinets white...it really brightened the whole bathroom.  
They have really held up well too...so far no chipping & it's been a few years since we did it!

Here is the after:
My kids wanted a "beachy" bathroom.
We added a few star fish & shells...
Can you guess what was above the toilet before?  A hand painted black flower with swirls!
We found the oar at TJ Maxx...
My kids love this jar because it's filled with sea shells  & rocks they actually collected from the beach themselves.   It brings back fun memories from our trip to California.!
Here is another favorite...the fish!  
Now everyone is happy with the bathroom, although my little boy asked me to paint white clouds on the wall. Not sure if I'll ever get around to that! ;)

One more time:
Before...
After...
 
I'm sharing with these blogs:





The 36th Avenue
ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 57







Chic on a Shoestring Decorating











Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special









Home Stories A2Z


TDC Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment