Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Custom Frame: On A Budget

When we had Sophie's newborn pictures taken, I was so excited because they did a collage, which would be printed as a 12X12.  I couldn't find a frame that would work!  
Then when I got a quote to have one made it would have been over $100.00.  

Then I was at Hobby Lobby &  I saw what I was looking for...only it was a picture.  It was the style I wanted & they were 50% off, so it would only be $24.99.  
So, I decided to make it work.

I removed the glass & ripped off the backing & covered the print with pink polk-a-dot paper.  
Then I spray painted it pink...to match her room!

Then the collage picture didn't turn out...when the pictures printed they had a weird tone & couldn't be fixed.   :{
So, I just took an 8X10 picture & glued on some pink ribbon to the front & added velcro pieces to the front & back corners.
 This way I can switch the picture when she's older!
Then I just put velcro on some flowers & velcroed those onto the corners of the picture to dress it up a bit.


I really love how it turned out & I love that I can still change the picture when I decide to. 
It's hard to find frames that are "chunky" & matted without spending a lot, but luckily this worked out just right for the space!
 If you would like to see more of her nursery, you can view it HERE.

I'm sharing with these blogs:
Thrifty Decorating
The 36th Avenue

Lolly Jane Boutique






No comments:

Post a Comment