Thursday, May 17, 2012

Freaktastic Furniture Challenge



Mandi at Vintage Revivals is having a challenge on her blog today.  The challenge is  to buy a piece of furniture for your house  that kind of scares you a little.  Last summer, was the first time I started buying used furniture & painting it.  It is a little scary!  

This is the beauty I took a risk on....
It was unique & I loved the shape of the legs!
It was only $20! So I figured even if it didn't work, It wasn't a huge risk!
We cleaned it, sanded, & wiped on liquid sander over the whole piece.  Next, we primed it & covered it with a few coats of white spray paint. Then we just spray painted the hardware that was already on it & put them back on & it was all done!  
Here it is now!
It turned out perfect for my daughter's bedroom!
You can see more of her room HERE.
It was a risk that I'm so glad we took! 
Since then I've purchased quite a few pieces of cheap furniture & refinished them...it's a lot of fun!!

Stop by Mandi's blog Vintage Revivals & check out the cool couch she is taking a risk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment