Friday, May 9, 2014

New Kitchen...New Furniture

Last night, It was after 11pm and our countertops were still being installed!  
Poor guys, that is what you call a long day!
We are getting SO close to being done with our kitchen remodel!!
My sweet sister helped me put together my barstools and we also got our table & one bench put together.  
The fun part for me is decorating our "new" space!
I sold my old table that looked like this...
It was a great table, but it was just too square for the new space.
Our new one looks like this...
This table is from World Market, I scored a whole set that included the table, a bench & 4 chairs for $499.00!! 
I was able to sell my other set for a good price, so I only had to pay $100.00 out of pocket for the new set!  I love that it has a built-in leaf that extends, so you can have seating for 8 people.
I'm trying to find two accent chairs to put at the ends of the table.

We will now have a big island, which I am so excited for!
We decided to extend the countertop on the island so we could have a place to sit.  This sent me on the search for barstools that would fit under the counter.
I really like the industrial look, but didn't love the prices I was finding to purchase them.  
I did finally find some at Target when they were on sell & they shipped to the store for free!

I love that they also adjust to different heights, just by spinning the seat.
I can't wait to start cleaning up all of the dust around here and start putting my house back in order!
Sharing with these blogs:
Make It And Love It
Domestically Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment